The latest full release (5 Oct 2021) for new users.
Extract files to your base CDP folder or another folder of your choice.
Upgrade from 4.6/4.5
Upgrade (5 Oct 2021) for users who have version 4.5 or 4.6.
Extract files to your base CDP folder.
Update from 5.0-5.08
The latest .exe (5 Oct. 2021) if you already have Soundshaper 5.
Unzip files within your Soundshaper folder.
Help Manual (revised for Soundshaper 5.09 Oct 2021)
Extract to your CDP\docs folder.
Ten tutorial patches for new users.
Extract the files to your base CDP
Before you can run Soundshaper, you need to :
- Download CDP Release 7 (PC) software:
This must be installed before Soundshaper.
- Then download the Full Version above (5.09) plus Documentation and Tutorial Patches.
SETTING UP: FULL VERSION
- Unzip the downloaded zip file SoundshaperFULL.zip into any folder.
- Click on the self-extracting installation file InstallSoundshaper5_09.exe.
At the prompt, choose a folder (or a drive such as C:\) within which to extract Soundshaper.
The default is the recommended base CDP-folder C:\CDPR7, but you can place Soundshaper elsewhere if you like.
- The installation file will extract files to a (sub)folder called Soundshaper5.
- To configure the program for first use, you must select (or create) some essential folders.
The most important of these is to select the folder where you have installed CDP software (e.g. C:\CDPR7).
Before starting the program, please read the instructions for configuring Soundshaper on the SUPPORT PAGE.
UPDATE FROM VERSION 5.0-5.08 to 5.09:
- Please download the Soundshaper5.09 Update. Unzip files within your existing Soundshaper folder.
Files that are to be updated will be over-written. If you wish to preserve your previous version of Soundshaper, please rename it first (e.g. to Soundshaper5.08.exe).
Updating from 5.08 to 5.09: you need to replace only the Soundshaper.exe file.
New in 5.09: some bugfixes
New in 5.08: a revised menu structure and program groupings, plus some new composite functions.
UPGRADING FROM VERSION 4.5/4.6 to 5.09:
- Download the Soundshaper5.09 Upgrade.
Before doing so, make a copy of your current Soundshaper folder and re-name this to \Soundshaper5.
This will preserve any files that are not due to be upgraded, especially your current configuration file (Soundshaper.evt)
If you are keeping existing Settings, please rename Soundshaper.evt to Soundshaper.cfg. Some options will have changed: visit the Settings page to revise these.
- Unzip the downloaded zip file SoundshaperUG.zip into any folder.
- Click on the self-extracting installation file InstallSoundshaper5_09UG.exe.
The prompt shows the recommended base CDP-folder C:\CDPR7.
If your Soundshaper5 folder is not within this folder, amend the path or browse to the folder in which you have located \Soundshaper5.
- Note that the upgrade will not overwrite your user data files.
UPGRADING FROM EARLIER VERSIONS:
- Please download and install the full version (5.09).
- If you already have datafiles you need to keep, rename your current User folder first, especialy if it's called [CDP-base-folder]\TXT (e.g. C:\CDPR7\TXT).
- Also make a copy of your current configuration file (Soundshaper.evt) and rename this to Sounshaper.cfg, if your Settings will be the same or similar, and re-place this in your Soundshaper folder after upgrading and before starting Soundshaper.
- Some options and other Settings will be different: visit OPTIONS | SETTINGS and re-save the file.
CONFIGURATION FILE UPDATE:
Please note that Soundshaper's Settings are now stored in a configuration file called Soundshaper.cfg, instead of the previous Soundshaper.evt.
Soundshaper will still accept an .evt suffix, but will rename the file with a .cfg extension. You can easily do this yourself, of course, within Windows.
The Soundshaper Help manual has been updated for Soundshaper 5.09.
Unzip the file to the CDP Docs folder (e.g. C:\CDPR7\DOCS\).
(The Soundshaper manual included in the CDP download is the 2013 4.2 version, which is well out of date and should be deleted!)
For new features in 5.0, 4.6 and 4.5, see the NEWS page. For Soundshaper 5.09, please read the file !NEW5.09.txt supplied with the program.
BUGS AND ISSUES
For the latest Known Bugs and Issues, click here:
This also lists the latest bugfixes and amendments.
Please e-mail with any bug reports or suggestions for improvement.
- Support for Soundshaper and CDP is mostly offered through the
CDP Users' Forum.
- Users may also e-mail with specific problems related to Soundshaper and/or CDP (see Links page).
Also see the SUPPORT PAGE for:
- how to set up CDP and Soundshaper
- how to use an external audio editor with Soundshaper.